Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Conversations with a Magic 8 Ball



     Should I eat the cookie?  Ask again later

     Should I really ask again later?  Maybe

     Are you being vague for a reason?  My sources say no

     Are your sources reliable?  Ask again later
 

     Has it been long enough that I can ask about the cookie again?  Yes
 

     Should I eat the cookie? Definitely
 

Are you just saying what I want to hear? Outlook not so good 

Does that mean you really don't think I should eat that cookie?  Outlook not so good
 


 
Do you ever get tired of answering questions?  Yes 

 
Do you want me to leave you alone right now?  Ask again later 
 
I'm sorry. I'll go now. Is that OK?  No way! 
 
You want me to stay but not talk to you?  Ask again later 

If you want me to stay, you need to answer *now*. Do you want me to stay but not talk to you?  Absolutely!
 

Do you realize how ridiculous that is?  No way!

Well it is. Would it be OK if I read a book while I'm waiting for you to want to talk?  Absolutely!
 
OK, great. Oh, but first, is this going to take all day?  Yes
 
All day, huh? Hmm. Good grief. Ah, well, on to my reading.  No way!
 
What do you mean no way? Didn't you just say I could read?  Outlook not so good
 
Why not? Something has changed in the last two minutes?  Absolutely!
 
What? Did you get called away on a national emergency or something?  Absolutely!
 
Oh. Well good luck, then. See you tomorrow, OK?  Ask again later

 


 
It's been a while, are you happy to see me again?  Outlook not so good.
 
What? Aww, you can't be miffed about how we ended our last conversation, can you?  Outlook not so good. 

 
OK. I apologize then. Does that help?  My sources say no.
 
 I don't care about your sources. I want to know if *you* find it helpful. Does it?  My sources say no.
 
You're not going to answer me directly, are you?  My sources say no.
 
Fine. I'm going to go now. Does that suit you?  My sources say no.
 
Well, when you are ready to start talking directly and not through your sources, then I'll come back. See ya.  Absolutely!
 
Don't count on it buster, don't you realize you've been extremely rude?  My sources say no.
 
Yeah, I'm sure they do. Good *bye*!! Happy now?  My sources say no.


No comments: